- 4 large ripe tomatoes with stems
- 3 cups sunflower seeds, soaked overnight and drained
- 1/4 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup ripe red, yellow, or orange bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, minced
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- Cut tops off tomatoes, leaving the stem in place and set aside.
- Scoop out the pulp and seeds leaving 1/4 inch around the outside edge and bottom.
- Blend sunflower seeds with 1/2 of the tomato pulp and paprika until smooth.
- Mix remaining pulp, green onions, bell pepper, basil, and garlic into the blended mixture.
- Stuff tomatoes to the top and decorate with your favorite fresh minced herb.
- Carefully replace tops but be sure they are stuffed enough so that the stuffing shows under the lid
- .Options: May add fresh corn kernels, shredded carrots, chopped celery, or chopped nuts if not using sunflower seeds.